Vegan pumpkin pie with butterscotch popcorn
October is here! It's pumpkin time! Who doesn't like pumpkin cream soup, pumpkin latte, or pumpkin cookies. Tis the season to be spooky and eat pumpkin pie…with popcorn!
VEGAN Friends, don't worry, we have brought you a recipe that is 100% plant-based and decorated with our most delicious vegan salted butter caramel popcorn!
It's time to put on your witch hat and cast a spell! Make this devilishly good pumpkin pie and wow your guests at your next Halloween party.
- 275 g wheat flour
- 100 g oat flour
- 180 g of vegan butter
- 110 g of cold water
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
For pumpkin cream:
- 550 g of roasted pumpkin puree
- 400 ml vegetable milk
- 90 g coconut blossom sugar
- 4 tablespoons of tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add the cold cubed butter.
- Crumble it, then add the water in portions and knead it into a dough.
- Put it in the fridge for 30-40 minutes while you prepare the cream.
- Put the ingredients of the cream in a powerful blender and puree until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the mold (24-26 cm round) with baking paper.
- Roll out the dough, put it in the mold, smooth the edges and bake (blind) for approx. in 15 minutes.
- Pour the pumpkin cream onto the slightly cooled dough, smooth the top with a spatula and if you have any dough left over, stretch it out and cut it out with shapes to decorate the top of the pie.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx. for 25-30 minutes.
- Wait until it cools down completely, then cut it into slices.
To decorate your pumpkin pie, simply pipe the coconut yogurt (or coconut whipped cream) using a pastry bag fitted with a piping tip over the filling and top with Popcorn Shed's vegan butterscotch popcorn .
Pictures are worth sharing!